|Things to do in Hanoi at night: "Bia hoi Hanoi" on the road. Photo: Anh Tuan|
I mean that, if you'd like exploring a night world in Vietnam, Hanoi is not a place that you will expect but you should go to Ho Chi Minh city. Almost the young Vietnamese think so.
Night in Hanoi was not active as Saigon. In Saigon, seems to be there is not night. But in Hanoi, after 12 pm, the streets will be secluded completely.
However, the nightlife in Hanoi has a separate attractiveness, own peculiarity. If you want to see the bustle of Hanoi night market, you should come in here at the weekend (from Friday to Sunday). You can see a Hanoi is different to other days of the week.
At night, you can walk in the streets in Hanoi Old Quarter or walk around Hoan Kiem Lake. But the majority of Hanoi people and tourists like to go to following places:
|Things to do in Hanoi at night: Go to Hanoi Opera House. Photo: Ngoc Duc|
1. Go to attend a symphonic music night at the Hanoi Opera House (beside Hanoi Hilton Opera Hotel)
|Vietnam's water puppet. Photo: Tien Dung|
2. Watch water puppet performance at the Thang Long Water Puppet Theater. Perhaps you've heard of water puppetry of Vietnam, this is a cultural heritage of our country. It is a pastime has a history of thousands of years, but now it has gradually eroded in folklore, but in Hanoi, there is a place still preserved and make it live again, that is Thang Long Water Puppet Theater.
Thang Long Water Puppet Theater is a place located too near Hoan Kiem Lake, opposite the entrance to The Huc Bridge [read more: Hanoi Red Bridge ]. From Hanoi Old Quarter or Hanoi Night Market, you can walk to here with about 100-200m. Read more: Hanoi water puppet show times
|Quyen Van Minh saxophonist. Photo: Ngoc Khanh|
3. If you are a fan of Jazz music, you could go to Quyen Van Minh Jazz Club. This is a famous bar of a celebrated saxophonist in Vietnam, called Quyen Van Minh. Address: 65 Quan Su street, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi.
4. You can also enjoy coffee of Hanoi at the following address: Ta Hien street, Bao Khanh street (very near the Hanoi Old Quarter). Read more: Best cafe shop in Hanoi and How much is a cup of coffee
|Things to do in Hanoi at night: "Bia hoi" - cheap bear. Photo: Anh Tuan|
5. But I advise you to go drink "Bia hoi Hanoi" (Hanoi beer) in our city. This is probably thing that you can not ignore when coming to Hanoi. It's almost like draft beer, but mixing and drinking unlike any beer in the world. You can find a beer restaurant in any street in the Old Quarter of Hanoi, but I advise you should to drink beer at the restaurants in Ta Hien Street of Lan Chin beer restaurant at the address: 2 Trang Tien street (near the Hanoi Opera House). Lan Chin is a branded restaurant in Hanoi.
6. If you are looking for a vibrant place and is the partying place of the young Hanoi, you should go to the Blue Sword Lake (Ho Guom Xanh - named from the name of Hoan Kiem Lake) discotheque.
This is one place at No. 2 just after Hanoi Discotheque (already been closed). Address: 32 Le Thai To street, located west and overlooking the Hoan Kiem Lake, from away Hanoi Night Market about 700m.
Read more: Best street in Hanoi
|Things to do in Hanoi at night: Go to a bar in Hanoi Old Quarter|
Some other places you also can go like:
√ Seventeen Saloon Bar (98B Tran Hung Dao street, near Hanoi Train Station)
√ Funky Monkey in Hang Hanh - Bao Khanh street, Hoan Kiem district
√ Apocalypse Now Bar in Star Bowl buiding, Pham Ngoc Thanh street, Dong Da district.
√ Hale Club (for Hanoi teen) in 65 Nguyen Du street, Hoan Kiem district
√ Funkey Budah Bar in 8 Ta Hien street, Hoan Kiem district
√ Dragon Fly Bar in 15 Hang Buom street, Hanoi Old Quarter
Best things to do in Hanoi Old Quarter
If you want to discover Hanoi at night, you should go to the Old Quarter because this is the center of Hanoi nightlife.- Hanoi weather